“If you’re buying something as an investment, you want to make sure you know what you're buying,” explains Carin Ramirez, Attorney. With her expertise in construction defect litigation, Carin provides helpful tips on handling this process. If you’re an investor considering purchasing a new property or starting construction, tune in today to learn about the potential red flags you should keep in mind to make the best choice possible.
When leading construction on a real estate investment, the main thing to consider is ensuring that you have adequate insurance. You may think your coverage is enough, but if you find out later that you’re underinsured when a building issue arises, you may have to pay more than expected. To avoid this dilemma, Carin recommends finding a quality insurance broker who understands your situation and can protect you and your assets.
If you’re buying an investment property, you need as many construction defect tips as possible. Learn more about the benefits of newer construction, how to evaluate the insurance you need, and why you should pass on buying a stucco building.
- “If you’re buying something as an investment, you want to make sure you know what you're buying.” (4:54-4:59 | Carin)
- “If the foundation of a building moves and things start cracking, sometimes you have to tear the building down. Sometimes you can fix it, and sometimes, you can't. It can be a devastating problem for a building.” (13:50-14:00 | Carin)
- “No one wants to pay extra for more insurance, but you also don't want to get into a situation where you're underinsured because someone can come after you personally.” (15:20-15:30 | Carin)
- “Building science is always developing and changing. The way things are built changes, and then new problems arise.” (22:03-22:09 | Carin)
- “I think we should all help each other get through problems. And that's what I try to do for folks I work with, live with, or are friends with.” (24:30-24:38 | Carin)
Connect with Carin Ramirez:
LinkedIn | https://www.linkedin.com/in/carin-ramirez-3154417/
Download a Free Chapter of Legally Ever After at LawMother.com/Lea
Colorado Residents interested in estate planning, schedule a complimentary 15 minute call at Lawmother.com/go
Learn more about Law Mother at LawMother.com