“What I love about being creative … is that space in risk, that beautiful space that you get to where you are scared out of your mind but equally excited, and there’s nothing saying no,” says Krista Gano, CEO Working Artist Group and Innovative Improv Solutions. As a working mom who has spent her career bridging the gap between creativity and business, specifically in the entertainment industry, Krista loves diving into new creative opportunities, whether she’s giving improv trainings to pharmaceutical executives or helping film writers refine their pitch.
Krista moved from Los Angeles, where she was leading the world-renowned Groundlings Theatre, to Denver when her eldest son was just two months old -- and she started Innovative Improv Solutions at the same time. Now during the pandemic, Krista encourages other moms, and working artists, to give themselves grace, and make the most of this quiet time when we can’t fall into the typical American hustle.
Tune in this week to the Working Moms podcast for words that will inspire quarantined moms, working artists, and entrepreneurs who want to honor the creative parts of themselves.
- “I want to design my life. And then I want to put my career around it.” (8:45-8:50)
- “What I love about being creative, and actually just being an entrepreneur, is that space in risk, that beautiful space that you get to where you are scared out of your mind but equally excited, and there’s nothing saying no.” (11:20-11:40)
- Will Rogers Foundation https://wrpioneers.org
- Working Artist Group https://www.workingartistgroup.com
- Innovative Improv Solutions http://innovativeimprov.com
- Facebook Group:
- Pamela Maass on Linkedin
- Maass Law, LawMother.com
- Podcast production and show notes provided by FIRESIDE Marketing